12.10.10

Things I will never say.

If societal norms didn't stop me, I would write this letter to someone that has been on my mind a lot today.

Dear Beautiful Mistake, I want to say thank you for your thoughtfulness today. I respect your inaction. If anything, it's only made my memories of you all the more tender. I will think of you with fondness and hope our paths cross again, as friends. Love, The Girl that's afraid of Water.

And this letter, I would send to my lost friend who I haven't shared a word with in over 5 years.

Dear Wild Child, I wish I was still in your life. I didn't value your friendship when I had it and words cannot undo my insensitivity in the past. The truth is as it was, I was afraid of our closeness. And although I know I've said this to you before and you've forgiven me, if I could, I could turn back time and go back to the spring of 2002 to rebuild our friendship. You've taught me how to be a better friend. Thank you. Love, The Broken heart you once Mended.

This letter would go to a person that's in my heart but am no longer able to touch.

Dear Deathdude, Our season is over. It's been over for a while. Just know that you are missed dearly. You are the one person that has had the most impact on me with the least number of words. And it pains me that my memory of you is still frozen in 2001. You never were mine to belong. And I will mourn that I was not the one. Love, Alice

This is for my best friend. I can tell him this in person too and that's why I love him. 

Dear Soulmate, You are my constant. It's always only been you. Love, Me

This is for K. 
K, I only have fond memories of you and the purest goodwill for you in my heart. J

This is for AN. 
A. Heard that you are going to be a father. I hope you get a daughter. And I hope you are up every single night for the rest of your life worrying about her. I don't harbor ill will towards you. A little bit of pity though. Love, The Other Girl

This is for my girls: C, M, R, S, T, R & T

Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my flaws. 

And this, is for R. 

R. I love you. J

1 comment:

  1. Hugs and a giant slice of chocolate cake. Just because.

    One R

    ReplyDelete