8.11.10

Storm before the calm

Happy Diwali! Life has been very agreeable. I had the most splendid Diwali dinner with family. Baa is back to her usual, dramatic antics which tells us that she's normal. She's constantly whining and complaining and at times, bitching about either one of her daughters or one of her daughter-in-laws. All is well. :)

My Diwali weekend though, was brilliant. It was the StartingBloc Summit weekend and being surrounded by a group of super talented, super brilliant men and women, changing the world was just what I needed to march on further on my road. It was also heartwarming to see R in action. Ever since he quit his job earlier this year, he's been happier. He works harder than he ever did and everyone that works with him, absolutely loves him. A teared up while thanking R and my heart glowed with such pride for him. I am thankful for this community - it reminds me of my priorities in life. Two women I met left me awe-inspired. One of them runs a non-profit that organizes street-youth in Lagos, Nigeria (and now Mumbai) and enables them to start their own businesses. The other women I met runs an orphanage in Kenya and I haven't met anyone else that can speak so passionately and with so much emotion about the work they do. Majority of the SB Fellows are broke, but come from privilege. It's inspiring to note that they may not have money for much else, but are doggedly focused on their mission in making a better life for those around them.

R is at his best in this community. As much as money is important to him, I admire it that he just quit his job to follow a difficult path. He doesn't simply talk about doing, he just does it. His dots are connecting and I'm very proud that he is my husband.

Another friend of mine finished her yoga certification. This morning, I took a private yoga class with her and I've felt so refreshed and alive all day long. Good thing too since I'm booked every single week-night this week starting with a talk at Asian Women in Business. Mom and Dad arrive on Thursday and life will go back to being even more colorful and joyful.


Did I mention? J from work had dinner with Woody Allen last week. It got me googling him and I read a quote by Mr. Allen that goes something like this, "80% of life is just showing up." So I told R that I was going to say yes to going out and attending events more often than not.
So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment