30.11.10

Last December in JC

I don't handle stress well AT all. My parents and R have repeatedly said that to me. I'm not particularly enjoying admitting to it right now. Last night when I got back home after work, my parents had already started and finished about 20% of the packing. My beautiful beautiful home looked so empty and drab. The paintings, photographs, books, wall-art - everything was gone and neatly stacked in boxes. It depressed me. Mom and Dad are also leaving on Friday and its making me sad because we barely spent any time together this visit. Between taking care of Baa and feeding the entire extended family over Thanksgiving, we didn't spend alone time together.

I've questioned myself hazaar times. R too, has had a few moments of reconsideration about the apartment hunt and whether it's worth moving. In nine years that I've been in the country, it's the first time I'm feeling depressed and sad at the idea of moving again to a new place.

But, I keep thinking about this ridiculously awesome House-warming that I will throw and how happy we will be once we are done with the move and have found the perfect apartment. Visualizing this makes it somewhat easier.

Just wish mom and Dad were staying a little bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. weird similarity : The one thing im also super excited about,is the housewarming party!
    is that superficial..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P It kept me going and now that's all I'm thinking about. I even have a list of invitees planned.
    I heard you are moving too - where to?! Give me the deets babe!

    ReplyDelete