22.11.10

The great hunt

My life right now in bullet points:

1. Apartment hunting sucks. Never a right time for it. I know it'll work out though, just wish I didn't have to deal with the added tension.

2. Grandma is getting better by the day which is awesome but my patience is running short with her antics and her demanding behavior. Over the weekend, I chatted with her a little about her childhood and her life and granted, it hasn't been very easy but it annoys me that she couldn't find a single silver lining or positive story about the life she's had. Her Dad passed away when she was nine or ten and her husband passed away at 25, so I do feel bad for her. I suppose back then, women weren't empowered to feel independent and the lack of a strong male presence in her life has made her attention-hungry. Her back was itchy last night and I rubbed some sandalwood powder on it. The thin, papery skin on her back made my skin crawl. It made me feel very uncomfortable because it was such a stark reminder of how my parents will one day be just as old. It also made me a little sad because I know inspite of my constant bickering of her, I will miss her a little when Baa is gone.

3. I fall a little more in love with R everyday. He's full of surprises. I need him to have one huge win. Just one huge win so he can get his faith back in himself and his uncharted path. Risking everything for something you believe in is not easy. It's ambiguous and often depressing and I've seen more colors to R in the last eight months than I have in the last seven years. Also, because of Baa, we've been hanging out a lot more with the larger family (my doctor cousin) and her kids. R is amazing with kids and in a moment of weakness he said to me how nice it would be to have our own someday. It's beautiful to watch us grow from awkward college kids to confident twenty-somethings with first jobs and first paychecks to awkward late twenty-somethings rewriting our lives. Ok. I'm breaking my rules. shh no more taking about R here.

4. Yoga is going fabulously and I'm so thankful that my body still responds beautiful to all the hard work I've been putting it through. I've been training with a personal yoga teacher for the last three weeks and the effect it has had on my mind, my posture and my abs (yay!) has been instantaneous. S, my friend and yoga teacher, is also a holistic health counselor and her profound knowledge on wellness, eating and respecting and taking care of our body amazes me. She's my age and such a glowing face. Thinking of her makes me happy.

5. D actually read my story. What's so cool about our friendship is that I don't truly care much for trance or electronic music and he doesn't care much for my fiction, but we are still such such amazing friends. Knock on wood.

6. It's sad how powerpoint has become my best friend. Sad that I've become so lazy and conditioned to thinking in bullet points. See.. you don't need a business degree for that! You work long enough and you begin to think in bullet points.

7. Music, has without a doubt found its way back into my life. And I thank KEXP for that, a local radio station from Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment