3.9.10

A timid snake

Strange dreams tonight of a fat, blue marble-skinned snake crawling up my mortified body. Followed my another dream of a more ordinary but lethal black snake hissing its tongue two inches away from my face. Or maybe the two snakes were a part of the same dream. But it was early morning, I was in my bed - not in another dreamworld. I could see my red paisley print bedding from my peripheral vision. Just occurred to me that I've changed the paisley bedding a few weeks ago, so I assume that in my dream, I'm in the past, when the paisley print was still on. I could feel the weight of the blue snake - the dream felt so real. I've been practicing lucid dreaming for over a decade now so I stared down the beasts and willed them to not kill me, swallow me or bite me and just like that, they slithered way into the black hole they'd emerged from.
I'm repelled when I think about those beasts now but when I was lucid-dreaming, my head was calm and collected. I remember a sensation of sick wonder mixed with disbelief. I do not remember tasting fear. But after those snakes disappeared, I crawled closer to R and shut my eyes tight to catch some more sleep. What a strange start to my holiday weekend.

I'm off though. It's 2pm and come what may, I am leaving office to enjoy my very last summer Friday. A quick stop at Strand Book store to feed my latest obsession: Data Visualization & Information Design.

This weekend promises to be creatively fun and challenging - I've given myself a few fun projects that will help me learn basic Information design and make fun little graphs. How sad is it that I'm obsessed with work and learning over a holiday weekend. It doesn't feel like work though..

Signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment