23.2.11

Growing old

I've always been a little absent-minded, but until now I didn't mind it much. It was more of an inconvenience to others around me than to me. The gift-cards that I've received at various points in my life (wedding, farewells etc) were neatly tucked into an envelope and in a zipped pocket of my work bag. This morning, I looked for it and ofcourse, it wasn't there. I'm disturbed and annoyed at myself. I don't think they are stolen or that I lost them. I probably put them away somewhere thinking they were safer, and ofcourse, they are so safe now that I can't remember where they are.

Sometimes I am gripped by an irrational fear that I'm slipping. I have a commitment for this evening but all I really want to do is go back home and search my entire house until I find that envelope.


No comments:

Post a Comment