9.1.11

Adventures in Solitude

This Friday, my boss made a sincere and heartfelt toast about me to the company. He announced the news of my departure over wine and cheese and said how fond he was of me and that my legacy at EA will always be remembered. Sun, Rodriguez, Wu & Chang came up to me and told me how much they will miss me. It was unexpected but it is nice to be reminded of the positive impact I've had on the people I've worked with. I received the best and most humbling compliment in my professional life when a few of my colleagues said they'd work with me anywhere and would follow me. My heart felt so full, with gratitude and love.

R left for India today and as much as I looked forward to this time by myself, I'm feeling alone and missing him. I won't lie, we've had a few difficult weeks with his applications. We operate so differently as people. I've been bitchy, naggy and said some mean things to him. I was frustrated and unhappy and yet, as we finished the process, I haven't felt more pride and love for him. I pray, I pray with every last fiber in my body and soul that he get his big win. He deserves it and he has worked hard for it. If you girls are reading this, please send any goodwill you have towards R. It scares me how much I miss him right now and how my empty apartment is eating me.

I hate talking about R and I here but invariably, I end up doing that!

On a slightly upbeat note, my first class at Stanford has begun and I'm working on my assignment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment